Radioactive Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Characters

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Characters Empty Characters

Post by ifer Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:08 pm

Put your characters here. Only post background info/stats that other characters would have access to. If you're on a secret mission to find a magical relic of infinitesimal value... don't post that. Razz

Also, here you'll be free to forge ties between characters. Maybe Jhon Doe is Joe Shmoe's uncle's mother's brother's nefew's son. Talk about it here.
ifer
ifer
Admin

http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Characters Empty Re: Characters

Post by SkittlesMeTimber Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:48 pm

Allright, I'll post what I've got thus far...

Jaynus

Jaynus is a farmer is Rosewood, who inherited his farm from his parents. Because of this, he is quite established in the community of Rosewood. He is tall, and brawny. From working in the fields his skin is bronze and his hair bleached. He is a quiet being, who only speaks when he truly needs to, but usually his words are filled with kindness. Although his physical appearance may be daunting, he is truly harmless unless someone else to pose an obvious threat to him.

His skills include knowledge (agriculture) +1, appraise (Crop/Livestock): +1, handle animal +2, and profession (farmer) +2. He is also proficient in using farming tools.

Str: +1 Con: +1 Dex: +1 Wis: -1 Int: +0 Cha: +0

Last edited by SkittlesMeTimber on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:39 am; edited 3 times in total

SkittlesMeTimber

Back to top Go down

Post by ifer Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Appraise (crop/livestock) would be closer. Smile
You've got a +1 bonus to STR and CON, and a -1 to WIS or INT. All the skills you listed are at plus one right now. You have 5 additional points to allocate as you choose. You can add +1 to an ability, improve a skill you already have, and learn one skill not directly related to your background with that, or spend them all on improving your skill set. Up to you.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkittlesMeTimber Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:49 pm

So i can allocate my five points to boost ability scores like CHA or whatever?

SkittlesMeTimber

Back to top Go down

Post by ifer Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:14 pm

Yup. Improving an ability score costs 3 points, though. So you'll have to spend some on skills, regardless.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:31 pm

Marcus Lestrano
Marcus is a young, educated man from a wealthy family in Censhew. He came to Anturas with his father, an explorer and researcher for Censhew's most prestigious university. After spending a year as his father's apprentice traipsing around the woods near Rosewood and investigating the various types of plants and animals his father was recalled to justify the expense of his research to Queen Janeth Marthas. Marcus stayed behind in the colony as his apprenticeship has ended and he has taken up his own research in the field of his specialty, Alchemical Science. He is a tall, lean man with long blonde hair worn in a ponytail and inquisitive green eyes. He is almost always seen wearing his Alchemists Coat, a long coat that nearly touches the ground and contains many pockets and clips for hanging vials and bottles on. He is known around town as a bit eccentric but generally harmless, spending most of his time either in the woods surrounding the town or in his house. Although he is not the most sociable person he is well known by many of the farmers and wilderness typse of the area, as he spends a lot of time talking to them in order to gain information on the continent's flora and fauna.

His main skills are survival (+1), healing (+1), alchemy (+2), and knowledge (plants) (+1), knowledge (animals) (+1), knowledge (nature) (+1) he is literate and is skilled in the use of the many tools required for his work.

Str: -1
Dex: +0
Con: +0
Int: +2
Wis: +1
Cha: +0

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Kyle
Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by ifer Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:53 am

As a 0th level character, you arn't actually proficient with any weapons. You can use them, but you incur the usual -4 penalty. You're still proficient in the use of tools related to your profession though, and some of those can be used as improvised weapons.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Edited. I seperated knowledge (plants) and knowledge (nature) into seperate skills, as well as switching a point from that to gain knowledge (animals), just let me know if that's a problem.

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kyle
Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by SkittlesMeTimber Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Stats have been edited in

SkittlesMeTimber

Back to top Go down

Post by ifer Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:33 am

Looking good. Steve, you've still got 3 points to spend.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkittlesMeTimber Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:42 am

Last three points were spent to add to Dex

SkittlesMeTimber

Back to top Go down

Post by ifer Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:49 am

You'll each have 1 gold, 20 silver and, 60 copper pieces (each coin is worth 25 of the previous denomination).
Characters Coins10, trade-goods of indeterminate value (you'll have to see what the market's like to get an accurate estimate), a pack, a bedroll, an all-purpose knife, two days' worth of rations (you'll be dining with the village caravan on the trip), and a few other things you'd like to bring to the market. The village caravan will have carts to carry stuff.

Jaynus has a full harvest, an animal or two, some tools to be repaired, and a nice set of clothes for impressing his lady friend.

Marcus will have herbs, salves, skins, and a small journal containing detailed notes, illustrations, and pressed samples of things you've come across. It's getting full, hence why you're headed to town.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:30 pm

Hydri Nux

Hydri is a young women whom is a native of Censhew. She was raised by her mother and father, both extremely skilled blacksmithes and tailors and prefered to keep their daughter away from the outside world, fearing it would badly influence her as it did their other children, whom were killed. Due to her seclusion, Hydri is very shy, but this does not discourage her from being a kind person. Though the daughter of a weaponmaker, she overtly against violence and force, but understands that at times it is necessary. Knowing this, she taught herself the technique of archery and can hit a target centered at 100 ft. Hydri possess a love of animals due to her lack with much human contact, and has a trained falcon name Armiqui. Hydri has long brown hair that is usually let loose, and grey eyes that hold a sort of cool beauty. Against the repression of dresses and other seemingly aggravating pieces of clothing, she refuses to wearing womenly clothes and wears only tunics, breaches, and leather boots. She also posses a pair of falconry glooves and a hand crafted falcon whistle, which she is never seen without. Hydri also is a skilled craftsmen herself, but is also a talented widdler and made her own flute, which she plays by herself in the woods surrounding her Rosewood home. As stated, she is wrather shy, but behind her reluctant shell lies a very friendly and spunky girl who doesn't take guff from anyone.

STR 0
DEX 0
CON -1
WIS 0
INT 1
CHA 2

Run 2
Craft(whittling) 1
Knowledge(smithing) 1
Knowledge(animals) 1
Perform(flute) 1

Characters 30496

With hood and falcon.

Characters 5b685

Without hood or falcon.

Last edited by Kiki on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because I wanted to put a pretty picture on it. XD)
Kiki
Kiki

Back to top Go down

Post by SkittlesMeTimber Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Hey Kiki, just entertaining the idea, but maybe Hyrdri is the girl Jaynus is interested in? That would be interesting to roleplay, what ya think?

SkittlesMeTimber

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:19 pm

I was also playing with the idea of her and Marcus at least being friends, as they're both wilderness types and her skills would be very helpful for someone who goes out in the woods often and might need special tools smithed.
Kyle
Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by SkittlesMeTimber Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:28 pm

that could make for interesting roleplay, I must say.

It is possible Marcus and Jaynus know each other too. Perhaps Jaynus is his vegetable proprietor?

SkittlesMeTimber

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:33 pm

I was thinking of that too, Marcus could also learn a lot about the soil and weather from Jaynus, and I'm sure he could offer a farmer advice about anything in the soil that might be harmful to plants or anything he could add to make them grow better.
Kyle
Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by SkittlesMeTimber Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:37 pm

So given that Kiki agrees to all of that, we are all linked together very interestingly

SkittlesMeTimber

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:26 pm

I see no problemo with the scenario, mates. Here here!
Kiki
Kiki

Back to top Go down

Post by SkittlesMeTimber Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Kiki wrote:I see no problemo with the scenario, mates. Here here!

Allright then, so shall we PM a history of the couple, perhaps?

SkittlesMeTimber

Back to top Go down

Post by ifer Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Wow, um, okay. The idea was that people PM me their character ideas so we can work them out and I can make sure they follow all the rules and the characters fit together and stuff before posting them. So Kiki, I'm gonna PM you in private, m'kay?

I do, however, strongly approve of the character interactions that arose from this. I'd like to see the couple's history once you guys are done.

Also, Kathryn and I finished her character over the weekend and she'll be posting her soon.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:41 pm

Ifer wrote:Wow, um, okay. The idea was that people PM me their character ideas so we can work them out and I can make sure they follow all the rules and the characters fit together and stuff before posting them. So Kiki, I'm gonna PM you in private, m'kay?

I do, however, strongly approve of the character interactions that arose from this. I'd like to see the couple's history once you guys are done.

Also, Kathryn and I finished her character over the weekend and she'll be posting her soon.

Message me away, dude. I'm on for awhile again tonight. We can PLOT. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA.... Twisted Evil
Kiki
Kiki

Back to top Go down

Post by ifer Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:40 am

Let it be known that I've got no clue with romance stuff, so you're gonna have to roleplay that without my intervention, k? Suspect (you'll still get roleplaying xp, though)
ifer
ifer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkittlesMeTimber Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:42 am

I think that should be fine

SkittlesMeTimber

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:46 am